Join the world's most creative leaders for A FULL DAY OF intense debate, innovation and inspiration
Creating conversations • Building communities • Sharing ideas
More to be announced soon!
The Fashion Culture Design Unconference is a cliche-free zone with no boring pitches or PR blurbs. On June 16th come and hear brilliant panels engage on challenging topics.
Unique conversations with results you can take away and do something with. An intense day of debate and innovation. You want to be in the room with these people.
- As he opens his new hotel Public, hotelier and Studio 54 co-founder Ian Schrager discusses whether exclusivity is dead. He invented the velvet rope and boutique hotels so he knows what he’s talking about.
- From her vantage point at the peak of media and fashion in China, Su Mang asks “Is China Designing the World.” If you don’t know it by now you should.
- The most influential designer you’ve never heard of and for the past 20 years a living god to anyone under 25, Jeff Staple questions “What will Gen Z want next?”
- Erstwhile CEO of the world’s best Ad Agency Droga5, now CEO of Tribeca Films, Andrew Essex suggests: “Advertising is Dead. Discuss.”
- The one person who is invited to more global fashion shows than anyone else in fashion, Nicole Phelps, executive editor of Vogue Runway asks “Is the fashion industry relying too little (or too much) on data.”
2016 NEW YORK SUMMIT
"FCD initiated thought-provoking conversations about the current state of these interconnected industries."
- Fashion Times
"A diverse and quite frankly impressive group of panelists was assembled …ranging from models to lawyers, bankers and CEOs."
- Fashion Unfiltered
"It wasn't just about the star-studded lineup, FCD was a raw honest, upfront conversation."
- The Observer
AR New York
Black Dog 8
Business of Fashion
Daily Front Row
Gilleon Smith Casting
Jason Wu Studio
King & Partners
New York Times
The Doneger Group
The RAI Group
The New School
FOUNDER & CO-HOST
Simon Collins has a passion for getting smart people together to discuss important questions and create ideas you can actually do something with. He is a design thinker, speaker, writer, designer, advisor and creative seditionary. Following a career as fashion designer then creative director for some of the world’s leading brands in Europe, the US and Asia including Nike, Polo and Zegna. He then served 7 years as Dean of the School of Fashion at Parsons School of Design where he successfully brought together creativity, communication, business and innovation. The school went from being quietly respected to becoming a global power brand with huge success.
After stepping down from Dean and joining the Board of Parsons he formed The House of Collins advisory group to advise brands, companies, young designers, fashion weeks and governments. His advisory services are in high demand and he travels the world speaking about his adventures.
Identified as one of the first essential voices of global fashion by The Business of Fashion 500 and listed as one of the 100 Most Creative People in Business by Fast Company. He has been a regular in The New York Times, Vogue, WWD, CNN, NPR, WSJ and of course Page Six (not always in trouble). His 5 season show on Chinese CCTV6 had 5M weekly viewers and in 2014 he published his first book; ‘The School of Fashion’.
His live on stage Conversation interview series includes guests; Victoria Beckham, Francois-Henri Pinault, Ermenegildo Zegna and Proenza Schouler. He has spoken to many significant audiences including Cannes Lions and the United Nations in NYC.
Collins has brought all this experience together with some of the world’s smartest people to create Fashion Culture Design.
He knows how to give the crowd what they want.